A song came to my mind today and I think it's totally worth typing out into my July blog. Being out here in Washington-I've felt very Pocahontas-y because of the beauty of nature surrounding me everywhere...I always knew I could relate to Disney characters. I feel ya, Pocahontas--I smell what you're steppin in, I'm singin with the voices of the mountain!In the 4th stanza of Just Around the Riverbend, it reads, "Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?" Oh my gosh, those lyrics are gold--at least they are for me..right now. And in the 1st stanza: "To be safe, we lose our chance of ever knowing what's around the riverbend." Guhhh! Well, I don't want to be safe anymore!
I think these lyrics would reflect my writing for tonight (other than her life-altering decision to marry Kocoum, that is) so here they are:
.
.
by Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz
You can't step in the same river twice
The water's always changing always flowing.
But people, I guess can't live like that
We all must pay a price. To be safe-
We lose our chance of ever knowing..
.
.
What's around the riverbend,
Waiting just around the riverbend.
I look once more just around the riverbend
Beyond the shore-where the gulls fly free
Don't know what for
What I dream the day might send
Just around the riverbend for me
Coming for me
Coming for me
.
I feel it there beyond those trees
Or right behind these waterfalls
Can I ignore that sound of distant drumming
For a handsome sturdy husband
Who builds handsome sturdy walls
And never dreams that something might be coming?
Just around the riverbend
Just around the riverbend
I look once more just around the riverbend
Beyond the shore-Somewhere past the sea
Don't know what for...
Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?
Just around the riverbend.
Should I choose the smoothest curve
Steady as the beating drum?
Should I marry Kocoum?
Is all my dreaming at an end?
Or do you still wait for me, Dream Giver
Just around the riverbend
The question of why all my dreams extend around the riverbend is one I've been mulling over for awhile. I know that You ARE waiting for me-waiting to drop huge
blessings in my boat. I also know that the other stuff in my boat isn't invisible, and You [being ever-so kind to prevent me from drowning] can see that there are things that need to be used, delivered, or tossed before anything else is added.
.
.
.
Plus, I've got more river to row. This rowing experience-to learn, grow, and be strengthened before receiving certain dreams-come-true is a necessary aspect of life. It prepares us for what comes next. And what's next for me just around the riverbend? Beyond the shore perhaps? I don't know. HA. But there is something very exhilerating about that and I'm proper psyched! :D
.
Watch Just Around the Riverbend http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DE5a80I8EU&feature=related
No comments:
Post a Comment