Overflow [part two]

Romans 15:13 // 2 Corinthians 4:15

2010
A New Perspective.

Life as I know it is...Different.
Change is good.



Sunday, December 19, 2010

Honor [Part 2]..with a taste of glory

God placed the word glory on my heart for December's theme; and the more I started to stumble upon verses including it, I discovered that glory and honor were interchangeable at times. It was then, that I figured that He wanted to increase my understanding of honor. So this is honor//with a taste of glory:

Honor From God:
John 5:41-44
Seek honor from HIM, not each other.
Daniel 2
God chose to give Daniel special revelations because He knew he would obey.
Psalm 91:15
The Lord says, "He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him."

Matthew 15:1-9
I can just hear Jesus making this plea here: Please, please, please throw out rules and tradition if it is not ultimately honoring God! I don't care if you say you're doing the right thing or it looks like you're doing the right thing; get your hearts right with Him--it's one of the most honorable things you can do. Be real, be humble, be vulnerable, be relational, and be honest before God.

This next verse is about joy being restored.
It's beautiful. So, just read it and be encouraged.
.
Jeremiah 30:19
"From them will come songs of thanksgiving and the sound of rejoicing. I will add to their numbers, and they will not be decreased; I will bring them honor..."

,
.
Proverbs 18:2
Humility comes before honor.

Proverbs 3-4
(You can count on Proverbs to speak about wisdom, but look how it relates to honor...)
a) 3:9 honor Him with your wealth
b) 3:13-18 The man who finds wisdom and gains understanding yields long life, riches, and honor
c) 3:35 the wise inherit honor
d) 4:5-9 esteem wisdom and she will honor you

Psalm 55:22:
"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you..."
Rest without anxiety. Run freely. Sleep calmly.
"...it honors God when we refuse to worry about something He has promised to do." -Chris Tiegreen

1 Corinthians 3:5-9
Honor God for making seeds grow-give him the credit.

1 Corinthians 6:20
New International Version: "...Therefore honor God with your body."
American Standard Version: "...glorify God therefore with your body.
Amplified Bible: "...So then, honor God and bring glory to him in your body."

I briefly read in a Complete Biblical Library New Testament this simple description of glory-"honor, radiant splendor." I think it's safe to say at this point, that the two words are interchangeable.

John 7:18 (again--honor and glory)
NIV copyright 1990: Work for the Father's honor.
NIV copyright 2011: Seek the glory of the Father.

2 Corinthians 3:18
"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

The radiant splendor of God's honor and glory reflects off of us. Let His glory surround you as you honor Him with your life. Let Him honor you as you glorify Him.
.
Look ahead, see the lights, smile your way into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment