-My sister Rachel shared this with me about a week ago. honor other people and their gifts
.
-An excerpt from a friend's sermon recently mentioned living a life of honor. live honorably
-Opening my Bible where I had last placed my sermon notes-it shows on the left--Heavenly Honor: "...My Father will honor the one who serves me." -John 12:26 service to God brings honor to you
-And now: "For the Lord delights in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation. Let the saints rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds." Psalm 149:4-5 humble yourself and let Him honor you as you sing

-I started reading on page 114 of Authentic Beauty about this beautiful story of a gentleman caring for a woman's heart and pursuing her with gallant grace. "..and sometimes (he'd) send a beautifully scripted note that asked if I might grant him the honor of accompanying him to an upcoming ball." -Leslie Ludy
Grant him the honor? He's honored by me? Yes dear, He's honored by you
-Compare that human honor to the beauty of the church in Ephesians 5:25-27 "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless." Since He has extended the invite, honor Him with the radiant presence He has created you with and cleansed you for
-I found some notes I took from last May at Hillsong: "Be confident. A prince will honor the king with great respect and fear. Don't be a poor man who always thinks he's a worm." You are a child of the greatest king ever-treat yourself like one. Shying away with shame is a disservice to you and the king-Being confident honors the King
-Recently, my dad attended his 20-year high school reunion. Among the many fun stories he came back with, it caught my attention when he mentioned everyone wanting to take a picture with him--he said he felt
humbled and honored. I started thinking about it, and I imagine Jesus would feel the same way. I'm sure He would love to reminisce, take pictures, and laugh with you- honor Jesus by creating memories with Him
humbled and honored. I started thinking about it, and I imagine Jesus would feel the same way. I'm sure He would love to reminisce, take pictures, and laugh with you- honor Jesus by creating memories with Him-More Hillsong notes I found when Darlene Zschech spoke at Creative Team Night: "When you're writing songs-use the lyrics to help build the church... songs are altars where we stopped and honored God. They'll be there for history." Writing songs is a way to honor God in a concrete, creative, abstract, spiritual, and physical manner all at the same time. WRITE MORE SONGS
No comments:
Post a Comment